Welcome to Zoe Belle Gender Centre's Questions & Answers website - a place to learn & share your knowledge with Australia's sex & gender diverse community!

Resources: Some Handy Starting Points

• ZBGC Resources Directory
• Gender Questioning guide
• ZBGC fact sheets
• Sydney GC fact sheets
• TransBucket

Need URGENT HELP? Click here for other resources. Please, no advertising services here.

You can list your service in our resources directory

Donate to ZBGC

Are there any transfriendly endos that work independent of Southern Health?

0 like 0 dislike
Also, how does Southern Health react to Chronic Pain issues in transpeople? Could I work with them to both fix any other hormone problems plus get onto HRT and surgery?
asked May 5, 2012 in Health by anonymous

Your answer

Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

4 Answers

0 like 0 dislike
I know of one, Dr Hunter, who operated out of Monash Medical Centre. I was referred to him via Northside Clinic, who are located at:

370 St Georges Rd
North Fitzroy VIC 3068
answered May 8, 2012 by anonymous
Is this Anthony (Tony) Hunter you're referring to? I know that I once saw him when I was in the Monash Gender Dysphoria Clinic program (which later became the Southern Health program). Then again, maybe it's possible to see him as a private practitioner.
0 like 0 dislike
Welcome to the Questions and Answers webiste. We hope you get some useful answers to your question.

We have referred your query onto a contact at Southern Health Gender Dysphoria Clinic, but it may just be easier for you to contact them directly.
answered May 8, 2012 by zbgc-qa-admin (8,150 points)
0 like 0 dislike
I see Dr Martin Hill in Malvern. The wait to see him can be 1-3 months and he charges $300+ for the first consult. But he is very easy going, approachable and easy to talk to. His number is 9822 0133. NB I also had a referral from my psych which was good.
answered May 23, 2012 by anonymous
0 like 0 dislike
Just to clarify, Dr Hunter is a member of the Southern Health Gender Dysphoria Clinic (previously called Monash Gender Dysphoria Clinic). He is not however employed by Southern Health and so all patients see him privately in his rooms at Monash Medical Centre. I am sure he would be happy to explore all hormone related problems.

An Endocrinologist who is not affiliated with Southern Health yet sees a few trans folk is Prof Jeffrey Zajac in Heidelberg.
answered Jun 2, 2012 by drj (400 points)